Kids enrolled in pre-k programs aren’t just learning how to recognize letters and numbers; they are also learning critical social skills and the importance of working independently in the classroom. Through high-quality pre-k programs, they develop the confidence to take on more advanced classroom work. Many children struggle with social skills and behavioral problems in kindergarten. Pre-kindergarten programs are essential in teaching kids the social skills they need for later grades, not just the academic skills.
· Each one of the Union County Schools have a pre-school program
· The program is tuition based.
· The cost is $200 per month
· Contact the school administrator if interested
Each pre K program in Union County follows the standards provided by Mississippi Department of Education. Attached is a link to access the standards:
1. Classroom ManagementWe Can! Manage the Early Childhood Classroom is an essential prekindergarten classroom management system that helps teachers create a “best practice” environment by focusing on behavior management and classroom organization.
2. Phonological AwarenessWe Can! Letter Sounds & Strokes is a comprehensive phonics program that develops phonological and phonemic awareness, letter-sound/symbol relationships, and alphabetic knowledge through memory games, computer activities, and other fun lessons.
3. Pre-WritingWe Can! I Can Draw is a pre-writing program that uses art activities to engage young students and help them develop fundamental skills for printing letters and numerals while teaching how to listen and follow directions.